One of the biggest mistakes that immigrants do is to leave for Canada Unprepared! They forget to bring important documents that can help them settle easily in Canada or forget to buy insurance coverage or their essential belongings while traveling. So we are here to help you with this important Immigration checklist.
As a result, they have to pay enormous costs after they arrive. The good news is that you do not have to figure out these things on your own since we have got you covered.
The purpose of this checklist is to give you a quick synopsis of what all things are required before you step into Canada permanently after getting your PR visa.
Documents you must bring to Canada
Apart from Passports, Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, School Records of your kids, Child’s immunization reports, your academic records, International Driver’s Licence, Medical records of you and spouse, Record of any current foreign income, property, or investments.
Three more things are there in our Immigration Checklist that you need when you first land in Canada:
- Your Passport and Travel Documents;
- Your PR Visa and your COPR (Confirmation of permanent resident);
- Copy of your Bank Statement as a proof that you have enough funds in your Account to support yourself and family after you arrive.
Another thing that bothers new immigrants is about the household items. What exactly to bring with you once you land in Canada. These may include the following items in the Immigration Checklist. But before shipping these items, always figure out if they are easier to ship or cheaper to buy there.
- Kitchen Appliances;
- Musical Instruments;
- Valuable Jewellery;
- Power Tools.
It is also advisable to save the receipts of these items if possible to prove that they are for your personal use.
This is the most important thing to consider even before packing your stuff to leave for Canada. Here are few options to consider.
- Ask your Banker for advice about your funds’ transfer to Canada;
- Put some money in Traveller’s cheque for security and immediate access to your money;
- Bring your International Credit Cards for immediate use;
- Once you reach Canada, open a Bank Account. To do this, you will have to show your immigrant papers after landing and Photo Identification.
Choosing what personal items to bring
As per our Immigration Checklist, Here are the 10 things to consider.
- Bring only those items that are important to you;
- Bring those items that are cheaper to ship than buying from Canada;
- Leave old items that are better replaced with a new version in Canada;
- Ensure you have insurance against loss or damage of items while in Transit;
- Get recommendations from your friends or family to suggest a reliable packer and mover;
If you are prepared and wish to apply for the Canadian PR Visa, kindly contact our skilled experts for further assistance/ guidance. ISA Global is the leading immigration consultant in India and we have helped thousands of our clients to achieve their immigration dreams.
If you are planning to immigrate to Canada, buy the IELTS Handbook by ISA Global on Amazon which is a complete How-to guide with excellent strategies for cracking the exam with the highest score.
Also check out: ISA Global Handbook for IELTS on Goodreads.